Dear Mums, Dads and Carers
As from 5th September 2012 we are introducing new guidelines and procedures regarding lateness. We appreciate that the vast majority of our parents do pick their child / children up on time thank you. However, unfortunately we have some parents who persistently do not pick their children up on time. It is important that you read through these guidelines and pass this information on to who ever is responsible for picking up your child/ children.
- As from 5th September if you are more than 15 minutes late picking up your child on any 2 occasions you will need to meet with the Head Teacher explaining the reasons for your lateness.
- If you are 30 minutes late you will have to pay the fee of £5.00. You will then be charged £5.00 for every 15 minutes you are late thereafter.
- If you are going to be late picking up your child you MUST ring the school before 3pm.
- If you have asked another adult to collect your child you MUST ring the school before 3pm giving us the name of the adult collecting your child. Without this information we will be unable to release your child from school.
- We do not allow older children that attend Secondary School to pick up their younger siblings. The responsibility for them to be here on time puts unacceptable pressure on them, in addition their lateness will result in you having to pay late fees.
- The responsibility for your child being picked up on time lies solely with you. If you have asked a family member, friend or childminder to pick up your child and they are late you the parent will still be asked to come in to meet the Head Teacher or be charged depending on the lateness.
- If you are late bringing in your child in the morning you MUST come to the desk with your child so they can obtain a late card. Please do not send your child to the class and come and collect the late card yourself as this means you disrupt the start of the class once teaching has begun.
If your child attends a booster class a parent, carer, friend or childminder must be at the school to pick your child up on time. Please make sure you know the correct time the booster class ends, as the rules regarding lateness still apply.
If you have more than one child in school but only one goes to booster you still need to pick the other child or children up on time, it is not acceptable to leave the other sibling in school until the booster is finished. If a sibling is not collected on time the rules of lateness apply and you will need to meet with the Head Teacher or be charged depending on the lateness.
If your child is late being picked up on any 2 occasions per half a term your child will lose their place in the club.
If you have more than one child in school but only one attends a club you still need to pick the other child up on time, it is not acceptable to leave the other sibling in school until the club is finished. If this does occur the rules of lateness apply and you will need to meet with the Head teacher or be charged depending on the lateness.
The morning club opens at 7.45am please do not send your child earlier than this as you are leaving them at their own risk until the morning club opens. The main gates to the school open at 8.45am, if you send your child to school within the hour of 7.45-8.45 and they enter the school they will automatically be put into morning club and you will be charged £1.50.