Top Menu

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 16.53.02

Voice of a child ambassadors meeting – Civic Suite Catford

On behalf of Rathfern’s Leading Citizens Safe Guarding Committee, Mylca-Audrey attended a meeting at the Civic Suite in Catford regarding online safety. She talks about her experience below:

“On Tuesday 12th February I was invited to the civic suite to attend the Voice of a Child meeting that was hosted by the Lewisham Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB). The event was based on online safety. We were asked questions such as: What are the issues about online safety?

Solutions on how to stop the issue.

How to spread awareness about safety online?

Where to go for advice?

What could the LSCB improve on?

How are you going to make a difference?

We contributed our ideas and had lots of fun but most importantly I learnt that young people don’t usually play or watch things that are appropriate for their age, parents aren’t always aware of the affect the games and videos can have on the children. Personally, my favourite part was the tantalizing pizza and drinks that we were served, they were delicious.

I was delighted to have attended this event, it was a great experience and I was very joyful that my ideas will help young people stay safe online and will now share the information with my peers and teachers at school so we can make even more of a difference regarding this issue.

STAY SAFE ONLINE

Mylca-Audrey year 5

Article 16 – The right to privacy