David Laws the Minister of State for Schools in the Department for Education and Minister of State in the Cabinet Office visited Rathfern on 16th September.
His responsibilities include:
- pupil premium, raising attainment, narrowing the gap
- school improvement, accountability, inspection
- raising the participation age and financial support for young people
- Teaching Agency and National College
- child poverty and social mobility strategy
The purpose of his visit was a fact finding mission about the implementation of Universal Free School Meals. He commented on the outstanding achievement of pupils at Rathfern