Top Menu

Performer Reflections

rathfern_owl_learning_attribute

Ollie Owl (Reflection)

Year 2 wanted to share some of their reflections on learning their lines and performing on stage to a sea of people in the audience.

Learning lines:

‘I used my imagination to draw pictures and wrote them out so that when I said my lines I could imagine them. – Kelvina

‘At home my brother and my mum helped me to learn my lines.’ – Ibrahim

‘Every night before I went to sleep I would read through my lines.’ – Emir

‘I learnt my lines with my mum. She would say one of my friends parts so I knew what to say next.’ – Talyn

‘I learnt my lines on my own before I came to school.’ – Markiyan

‘I wrote them in my diary. I read them every morning and every night. I also read them out loud and thought about the audience.’ – Chika

‘I had a script. I didn’t use it, but followed it. I had it just in case I didn’t remember my lines, but I did remember the order and knew when to say my lines.’ – Minnie

Performing on stage:

‘When performing you need to project your voice so that everyone can hear you.’ – Dylan

‘I was happy because I saw my mum and I really enjoyed performing the ‘Funky Camel’ song. I loved putting up the Clap, Cheer and Boooo cards because the audience followed what I put up. – Jacob

‘I was looking at my mum and it made me happy.’ – Iman

‘I felt confident because I projected my voice. Sometimes I used actions. When I kept reading my lines I got more confident and the parents could hear me.’ – Mercy

‘When I was coming on the stage I felt a bit nervous and I freaked out because there were lots of parents looking at me. My legs were wobbling, but I could hear my friends cheering me on. I said to myself… Nasra you can do this! – Nasra

‘There were nearly 100 people. It felt scary! You have to be confident. If you feel scared you just have to get on and do it! – Amari

‘As I turned around my heart started beating really fast because there were lots of parents and friends. I looked at my aunty and I felt happy.’ – Kadijah

‘When you’re performing in front of a lot of people it’s not that scary. You can’t speak really quietly.’ – Ailsa

‘I felt nervous and happy. I didn’t want to laugh on stage, as that would ruin the show. When I did my twirl I just smiled and it made me feel happy.’ – Hareem

‘My mum and dad told me that people learn their lines by reading them in the morning and before bed. I would read them first thing in the morning and just before bed. My dad also helped me and would say the lines before mine and then I said my lines.’ – Sophia

Get Our News via Email
To get our news via email, provide your details below & select the year group(s) relevant to your children.
NEVER SHOW THIS!
Navigate or Search

At Rathfern we stand together to condemn the unlawful murder of an innocent black man, George Floyd, in Minneapolis.

We stand united in our commitment to tackle and challenge racism, address inequality and call out discrimination.